Thursday, January 24, 2013

#gymthoughts

The first time I went to a gym, I remember thinking, Aisha, this is your rock bottom.

I love to exercise, but I drew (DREW, past tense) the line at gym. It's boring, repetitive and the same thing day in day out! And gym memberships are ridiculously expensive to the point of exorbitant! How can people be interested in walking on a treadmill for 50 bucks an hour when you can walk outside in the garden?!

Personally, I feel there are better and more engaging ways to work out.
Housechores, you get your house clean AND a workout.
Speed walking in shopping malls, that's what I'm talking about!
Dance classes, for goodness sake, a thousand times more fun than a treadmill!

But there I was. Walking at a speed of 5km/hour on the treadmill, listening to Gimme Hope, Joanna over the speakers while other sweaty bodies run their course around me.

*

The second time at the gym, I went alone. Which is no mean feat, okay. Have you seen the demographics of the gym?

Male, 25-45 years.

I don't know about you girls, but when I was there, it was really awkward. Not awkward like body-conscious-awkward but awkward like what-did-I-get-myself-into-awkward.

I finally know what it feels like to be a guy in a lingerie shop.

*

When I spoke to my sister about the music they play at the gym, she said it was such a common topic of rant of many people. Gym music. But seriously, Lite FM? Who pumps to Josh Groban? If you want to attract the young crowd you gotta play some clubbing music, man.

Then when I pointed to my cousin that there was no air-con in the gym, she said it was unlike other gyms where they fixed the air cond so cold, you had to exert yourself to even break a sweat.

"Run faster, sweat more, sprain everything,"

No comments:

Post a Comment