Saturday, November 3, 2012

November Rain

This week in Aisha's life.

*Monday and Friday gelled seamlessly to create a thing I call working week.

Throughout the weeknights, this is what I did:



1. Watched Scrubs. 

Stupid show. The humor they use is really different from regular humor, I'd even dare to call it post-modern humor. OOooooh no I don't know if that's accurate but that's what I feel.




2. Discovered the line up for Laneway Fest Sg 2013. 



Got excited (because Aidee got too excited -.-). Bought them pre-sale tickets and BOOMZ.


3. I started reading a new book. 

But before we go into that new book, I want to say that I finished reading another book - The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera (What a nice name - Milan!). Iona lent it to me - and I trust her taste in books! Hehe.


This book is actually not originally written in English, but the writing style, gosh, so beautiful and poetic! I would venture to say that it's written in a very intuitive style, very human yet very fictional. 
Plot-wise, the first half of the book was okay. Quite monotonous, but it's a great setting to play around with words. The second half became overbearingly political, by which I had to force myself to go through each word to finish the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment