Saturday, May 19, 2012

Processional


For some reason, the idea of Malaysian timing really cannot stick to me. I found myself an hour early for an ex-schoolmate's wedding reception tonight!




Well, tonight's wedding was the first that I've attended for a peer.

This reception differed from a traditional one - with a PRE-RECORDING of the kompang procession! Times have changed, my man. (Kompang processions are so merry and very meriah for the suasana. Every wedding should have that. Provides a better beat than firecrackers, too. Hah!)


It was a very happy occasion for the bride, groom, family and friends. The bride and groom looked radiant and so joyous as they walked down the red carpet you can't help but smile, too!


It was also the first time (for me) to merenjis the newlyweds. You pinch some short leaves/petals (I think this is traditionally kunyit or something - but times have changed) and put it on their palms, then renjis (sprinkle) some rose water (?) on their palms. (Brings me back to standard one, when my new friends and I acted out a Malay wedding. Haha! Sigh, cute times with Anis)

Congrats to the newlyweds - Farah and Danial! Wishing you both a very beautiful future together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment