Friday, July 26, 2013

Tune Picks from BFM

James Blake - Overgrown


He is apparently one of the pioneers of dubstep. Cool, chill tune. The beat will feel off a bit, like he's singing out of time, but everything comes together almost seamlessly.

I don't wanna be a star, 
but a stone on the shore
Long door, frame on the wall
When everything's overgrown



King Krule - Rock Bottom


This dude, according to Zack (of 33RPM - I get most songs from this show), sings like a punk and plays the guitar like a jazz maestro. I guarantee you'll fall in love with this tune by the 30 second mark. I don't know what genre this is, though - jazz/pop/alt rock/swing? 



The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Hey Joe


This. Song. Why has it took so long for me to find this? I don't know. But it's good stuff. Yes, the lyrics and story of the song is bad! But the song itself is good. I've heard of Jimi Hendrix, but I didn't know he sounded like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment