Saturday, September 21, 2013
1. some days, i get so fed up with everything that i give up on everything. driving. socializing. planning. proper eating. it's like a physical burn out. this is relatively normal for everyone, i believe. after a certain period of optimum physical activity and daily routine, you just get vacuumed in a rut for a short time before your real "living" part of the brain shuts down/burns out. like a "fius" that burns. i can't even find the english word for "fius". is it fuze?
thank you for your concern. i will be fine tomorrow.
2. if you have read the wait but why article about generation y yuppies being problematic (the one that has a stick figure and starts with "this is lucy") which has since been popularized by huffington post (you cannot take everything you read there seriously, just like the real singapore, thought catalogue and elite daily), take some time to read the counter article. i lost track of the real point of the argument but i think it's basically saying cut the crap and stop thinking you're *that* special.
3. the i hate church article that's been circulating around the internet - points taken. i myself have lost sight on what the church is supposed to be - people and relationships. also, if you're reading the full article, please also take effort to consider this comment from a reader named Jill.
4. "life is relationships; the rest is just details" - gary smalley
read this quote earlier this week. it's been stuck with me since. i hate myself for not living this out - because at its essential, life really is all about the relationships you make and keep and sustain. so many times i neglect that and prioritize a million things above it.
5. if i don't spend time with you or make the effort to spend time with you in this season, and you are offended, i apologize.
6. pinterest is going to start promoting pins. greaaaattttt.